International Design Competition
EMOTIONS ON DISPLAY
Artuminate's competition aims to Understand the effectiveness of variations of environmental and design elements upon human emotions.
Contemporary architecture has started to receive more accusations of emotional coldness, restrictive aesthetics, distanced from human and life (Pallasmaa, 2015).
An essential solution to improve the quality of life is to reconnect architecture with emotions and feelings. Architecture is the main element of our environment. Architecture has an impact on emotions followed by behaviour. As the architectural space changes, humans act, think and feel differently. It is important to architect human emotions of positivity, to create an environment that reduces negative emotions.
Understanding the effectiveness of variations of environmental and design elements upon human emotions.
Helping the visitor to understand the impact of different architectural spaces on their mind, identifying with their emotions and what are the environmental changes that they require for their well being.
Dec 31, 2022
Jan 15, 2023
Feb 25, 2023
All deadlines are 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
Competition winner receives a bespoke medal as a token of appreciation.
News announcement on global platforms (platforms partnered with us - Global exposure.)
Design feature on our platform.
Exclusive Interview in both text & video format (Video feature on our home page)
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to our winners / honourable mentions & a participation certificate to all our participants
PUBLICATION OF ARTICLE / DESIGN
Design / article feature on our partnering platform.
JURY CRITS / COMMENTS ON YOUR ENTRY WITH DETAILS
Comments from our jurors for improvement and appreciation
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION DETAILS
• Site / Location: It can be hypothetical or real, choose wisely.
• You have to design a museum – that displays emotions, eventually leading to healing the visitors mind.
• The word to remember is ‘Experiential’.
• We are expecting spaces that people can experience and identify their own emotions
• Drawing requirements: Conceptual (Priority), Plans, Sections, Elevations, View.
• Support your design with all possible explanation, (Formats that are accepted: Text, Video, Audio and the most obvious drawings).
Key Idea to be remembered:
Contemporary architecture has started to receive more accusations of emotional coldness, restrictive aesthetics, distanced from human and life.
-Juhani Pallasmaa, 2015.
Keywords to be remembered:
• Emotions: It is a feeling which results from one’s mood, circumstances.
• Experiential: Involving or based on experience and observation.
• Holistic Architecture: a humanistic approach that integrates the mind, body, and soul.
• Sensory Architecture: the experiences of spaces through the means of using our senses and ability of perception.
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
• University students can contact us for discounts – email us at email@example.com
• Presentation Board (Min. 02 Max. 05 no | size: A1 Landscape format)
• Text Summary (Min. 300 words)
You can register individually or as a team maximum of 03 members. To register as a team / an individual please complete the payment and then click on the team registration button to complete the registration process.
AR (advanced registration): 1st July 2022 – 15th July 2022 | $25 (INT) / ₹500(IND)
ER(early registration): 16th July 2022 – 31st July 2022 | $27 (INT) / ₹800(IND)
SRL1 (standard registration level 1): 1st August 2022 – 31stAugust 2022 | $32 (INT) / ₹900(IND)
SRL2 (standard registration level 2): 1st September 2022 – 30th September 2022 | $37 (INT) / ₹1000(IND)
SRL3 (standard registration level 3): 1st October 2022 – 31stOctober 2022 | $39 (INT) / ₹1500(IND)
SRL4 (standard registration level 4): 1st November 2022 – 30th November 2022 | $42 (INT) / ₹2000(IND)
LR (late registration): 1st December 2022 – 15thDecember 2022 | $47 (INT) / ₹2500(IND)
CR(countdown registration): 16th December 2022 – 31stDecember 2022 | $57 (INT) / ₹2600(IND)
*(INT) – International payments /*(IND) – Indian payments
We collaborate with leading architects, designers and academicians of international repute to participate as jury in our competitions.
Judges to be announced.
How do I create my participation code?
International Participants have to create their code following the instruction in the registration form.
Indian Participants, please use your order no. as the Participants code.
How can I be sure that you have received my entry?
You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your entry within 24 hours.
Please check your spam folder in case you don't find it.
How can I receive judges ratings and comments?
We cannot offer individual comments to its entrants due to high volume of entries.
How do I register my team members?
International Participants, please enter your team member details in the registration form.
Indian participants, please follow the add team members link which will appear after you have completed the payment.
How can I withdraw my entry / get refund?
No refunds shall be issued once the registration is completed.
Please do not contact us for refunds.
__International payments are carried out on archiol & Indian payments on artuminate__
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org