The pandemic has proven to be a test for the relationship between humans and architecture, lockdown – The experience of living within the four walls. How has architecture affected your mind in the lockdown? What are stressed architectural spaces? What was the state of your mind as you were locked down? This pandemic has created an increased urgency to strengthen mental health care. We also realized the importance of the role of architecture in mental health.
This competition aims to explore the use of imagination to design architecture spaces that can heal the human mind. Explore your ideas at extreme levels. We as architects and designers are responsible more for the well-being of people. So let’s get more creative and come up with extraordinary solutions for this urgent issue faced by humanity.
We do not expect literal designs, we expect ideas and design development beyond the conditioned thinking.
Nothing is unreal!
“The first step is to establish that something is possible. Then probability will occur.”
– Elon Musk
To break the banality of healing architecture designs and test extreme possibilities in architectural design.
Think outside the box. Don’t even consider the box ever existed create your geometry, your volume, and an underland of your own. A space that can heal stressed living beings.
Everything starts with imagination – an idea – that may seem unreal initially but you never know.
Keywords: Rabbit Hole, Underland, Imagination, Healing Architecture
• Rabbit Hole: A complexly bizarre / difficult state or situation conceived of as a hole into which one falls or descends.
• Design the underland: How architecture can help address mental health, architectural intervention into stressed spaces.
• Imagination: Use your imagination to convert melancholic experience into architectural healing.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere..”
– Albert Einstein.
Jun 30, 2022
Jul 15, 2022
Aug 25, 2022
All deadlines are 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
News announcement on global platforms (platforms partnered with us - Global exposure.)
Design feature on our platform
Exclusive Interview in both text & video format (Video feature on our home page)
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to our winners / honourable mentions & a participation certificate to all our participants
PUBLICATION OF ARTICLE / DESIGN
Design / article feature on our partnering platform.
JURY CRITS / COMMENTS ON YOUR ENTRY WITH DETAILS
Comments from our jurors for improvement and appreciation.
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION DETAILS
GUIDELINES / RULES
• Site / Location: It can be hypothetical or real, choose wisely.
• You have to design a world of your own, the world could simply be a single structure or a complex structure.
• No specification, use your mind to generate an ultimate space that heals.
• The two words to remember ‘IMAGINATION’ & ‘HEALING’
• We are not expecting a mental health facility but an intervention that heals mind. (Abstract ideas)
• Drawing requirements: Conceptual (Priority), Plans, Sections, Elevations, Views.
• Support your design with all possible explanation, (Formats that are accepted: Text, Video, Audio and the most obvious drawings)
• These ideas will act as the foundation for further design development. This is the first step. Experiment to the extreme.
*It is an abstract design competition, so do not hesitate to ask questions in case of doubts email us at email@example.com
(Subject: ITRH- Query | Body: Your query)
• You can participate individually or as a team of maximum three members.
• This competition is open to all the designers and design student.
• We welcome architecture university students to participate as representatives for their university and spread the word among the fellow students.
*To know more about being representatives and benefits contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject: Representative volunteer)
• Presentation Board (Min. 02 Max. 05 no | size: A1 Landscape format)
• Text Summary (Min. 300 words)
• Download the submission folder (A zip folder).
• Upload all the requirements in the designated folder and rename the folders as mentioned on the info card in the folder.
• Rename the folder with your participation code.
• Upload the folder to google drive / dropbox
• Email the link in the format mentioned below:
o Email address: email@example.com
o Email Subject: ITRH_your code (example: ITRH_XX_XXX_2202_US)
*Do not ask any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org, email all your queries to email@example.com.
You can register individually or as a team maximum of 03 members. To register as a team / an individual please complete the payment and then click on the team registration button to complete the registration process.
AR (advanced registration): 1st March 2022 – 15th March 2022 - $25 (INT) / ₹500(IND)
ER(early registration): 16th March 2022 – 31st March 2022 - $27 (INT) / ₹800(IND)
SRL1 (standard registration level 1): 1st April 2022 – 15th April 2022 - $32 (INT) / ₹900(IND)
SRL2 (standard registration level 2): 16th April 2022 – 30th April 2022 - $37 (INT) / ₹1000(IND)
SRL3 (standard registration level 3): 1st May 2022 – 15th May 2022 - $39 (INT) / ₹1500(IND)
SRL4 (standard registration level 4): 16th May 2022 – 31st May 2022 - $42 (INT) / ₹2000(IND)
LR (late registration): 1st June 2022 – 15th June 2022 - $47 (INT) / ₹2500(IND)
CR(countdown registration): 16th June 2022 – 30th June 2022 - $57 (INT) / ₹2600(IND)
*(INT) – International payments /*(IND) – Indian payments
Above mentioned fees is inclusive of taxes. The final amount to pay (No extra charges)
We collaborate with leading architects, designers and academicians of international repute to participate as jury in our competitions.