Tiny house: an eco-friendly housing solution.
Our lives are dependent on the systems that complete our housing requirements, what happens if these grid systems fail? The sustainable approach to housing is important for human survival. Can we design our dream home within the limit of 37sq.m. and off the grid? With spaces that fulfill all the basic functioning of the house most innovatively and effectively. Explore your capacity to come up with ideas that can fit within the limited space, mainly focusing on sustainability.
This competition aims to address the issue of:
• Dependency of housing systems on the grid system
• The ever increasing wants over needs
• The financial constraints
• The exploitation of Nature – impact on the environments
• Encroaching the space of other living beings
“Less is more.”
– Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Design a home that matches the idea of your dream home with all the necessary functions at only one condition that it should be ‘off the grid’. Home for a maximum of two people with interesting and innovative spaces.
Keywords: Off-grid, Tiny Home, Sustainable Home
• Off - Grid: Without using or depending on public utilities.
• Tiny Home: Downsizing living spaces, simplifying and essentially living with less.
• Sustainable Home: Efficient use of energy and resources with minimal impact on the environment.
“More was never the answer. The answer, it turned out, was always less.”
– Cait Flanders.
Jun 30, 2022
Jul 15, 2022
Aug 29, 2022
All deadlines are 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
News announcement on global platforms (platforms partnered with us - Global exposure.)
Design feature on our platform
Exclusive Interview in both text & video format (Video feature on our home page)
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to our winners / honourable mentions & a participation certificate to all our participants
PUBLICATION OF ARTICLE / DESIGN
Design / article feature on our partnering platform.
JURY CRITS / COMMENTS ON YOUR ENTRY WITH DETAILS
Comments from our jurors for improvement and appreciation.
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION DETAILS
GUIDELINES / RULES
• Site / Location: It can be located anywhere in the world, choose wisely.
• You have to design a tiny house, (Max: 37 sq.m.)
• Innovations in basic functions.
• The two words to remember ‘Sustainability and Off the grid’
• Design that truly defines the idea of “Less is more”.
• Drawing requirements: Conceptual (Priority), Plans, Sections, Elevations, Views.
• Support your design with all possible explanations, (Formats that are accepted: Text, Video, Audio, and the most obvious drawings)
• The reasoning for every space that has been designed with areas allotted.
*It is a sustainable design competition, so do not hesitate to ask questions in case of doubts email us at email@example.com
(Subject: OTG- Query | Body: Your query)
• You can participate individually or as a team of maximum three members.
• This competition is open to all the designers and design student.
• We welcome architecture university students to participate as representatives for their university and spread the word among the fellow students.
*To know more about being representatives and benefits contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject: Representative volunteer)
• Presentation Board (Min. 02 Max. 05 no | size: A1 Landscape format)
• Text Summary (Min. 300 words)
You can register individually or as a team maximum of 03 members. To register as a team / an individual please complete the payment and then click on the team registration button to complete the registration process.
AR (advanced registration): 4THMarch 2022 – 20TH March 2022 - $27 (INT) / ₹600(IND)
ER(early registration): 21ST March 2022 – 3RD April 2022 - $32 (INT) / ₹800(IND)
SRL1 (standard registration level 1): 4TH April 2022 – 20TH April 2022 - $37 (INT) / ₹900(IND)
SRL2 (standard registration level 2): 21ST April 2022 – 3RDMay 2022 - $39 (INT) / ₹1000(IND)
SRL3 (standard registration level 3): 4TH May 2022 – 20TH May 2022 - $42 (INT) / ₹1500(IND)
SRL4 (standard registration level 4): 21ST May 2022 – 3RD June 2022 - $47 (INT) / ₹2000(IND)
LR (late registration): 4THJune 2022 – 20TH June 2022 - $57 (INT) / ₹2500(IND)
CR(countdown registration): 21STJune 2022 – 30th June 2022 - $62 (INT) / ₹2600(IND)
*(INT) – International payments /*(IND) – Indian payments
Effective use of sq.m. (area)
We collaborate with leading architects, designers and academicians of international repute to participate as jury in our competitions.
Judges to be announced.