International Design Competition
YEARNING TO BREATHE
Artuminate's competition aims to Understand the healing potential of design inspired by nature
Health studies document the increase in stress and greater prevalence of some mental disorders in the cities. Constant interaction of urban life is leading to psychological problems.
Research shows that even a brief interaction with nature has mental healing benefits. Natural features in the cities are a necessity, features that enhance human health. House needs to be homely and more alive; home needs to be a structure that can ‘BREATHE’. Cities depend on a healthy environment for proper functioning. Cities need to incorporate nature to bring in the positive effect on mental health which can be achieved by interaction with nature.
“Biophilic design is about the value of the embodied beauty of nature that we can bring to our everyday lives, we can create an identity, a sense of belonging and well-being.”
Understanding the healing potential of design inspired by nature.
• To address the issues of degrading relationship between nature and humans leading to mental illnesses such as stress and depression
• Enhancing mental healing and recovery.
A Biophilic Residence that responds to the dense concrete fabric of the city.
Jan 4, 2023
Jan 19, 2023
Feb 28, 2023
All deadlines are 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
Competition winner receives a bespoke medal as a token of appreciation.
News announcement on global platforms (platforms partnered with us - Global exposure.)
Design feature on our platform.
Exclusive Interview in both text & video format (Video feature on our home page)
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to our winners / honourable mentions & a participation certificate to all our participants
PUBLICATION OF ARTICLE / DESIGN
Design / article feature on our partnering platform.
JURY CRITS / COMMENTS ON YOUR ENTRY WITH DETAILS
Comments from our jurors for improvement and appreciation
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION DETAILS
• Site / Location – Participants choice (Condition: Should be an Urban Area)
• The word to remember ‘BIOPHILIC’.
• We are expecting healing architectural design and spaces.
• Drawing requirements: Conceptual (Priority), Plans, Sections, Elevations, View.
• Support your design with all possible explanation, (Formats that are accepted: Text, Video, Audio and the most obvious drawings).
• Accepted format: Drawings – JPEG./JPG. | Text – Docx./Docs.
Key Idea to be remembered:
“…Human development in the Natural world has formed our senses and that plays an enormous role in how we experience the world and how we can make it better.”
Key words to be remembered:
• Biophilia: The innate human attraction to nature and natural processes.
• Cities: A place where humans survive and thrive.
• Nature: The phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.
• Humans: a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
• University students can contact us for discounts – email us at email@example.com
• Presentation Board (Min. 02 Max. 05 no | size: A1 Landscape format)
• Text Summary (Min. 300 words)
You can register individually or as a team maximum of 03 members. To register as a team / an individual please complete the payment and then click on the team registration button to complete the registration process.
AR (advanced registration): 1st July 2022 – 19th July 2022 | $25 (INT) / ₹500(IND)
ER(early registration): 20th July 2022 – 4th August 2022 | $27 (INT) / ₹800(IND)
SRL1 (standard registration level 1): 5th August 2022 – 4thSeptember 2022 | $32 (INT) / ₹900(IND)
SRL2 (standard registration level 2): 5th September 2022 – 4th October 2022 | $37 (INT) / ₹1000(IND)
SRL3 (standard registration level 3): 5th October 2022 – 4thNovember 2022| $39 (INT) / ₹1500(IND)
SRL4 (standard registration level 4): 5th November 2022 – 4th December 2022| $42 (INT) / ₹2000(IND)
LR (late registration): 5th December 2022 – 19thDecember 2022 | $47 (INT) / ₹2500(IND)
CR(countdown registration): 20th December 2022 – 4thJanuary 2023 | $57 (INT) / ₹2600(IND)
*(INT) – International payments /*(IND) – Indian payments.
We collaborate with leading architects, designers and academicians of international repute to participate as jury in our competitions.
How do I create my participation code?
International Participants have to create their code following the instruction in the registration form.
Indian Participants, please use your order no. as the Participants code.
How can I be sure that you have received my entry?
You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your entry within 24 hours.
Please check your spam folder in case you don't find it.
How can I receive judges ratings and comments?
We cannot offer individual comments to its entrants due to high volume of entries.
How do I register my team members?
International Participants, please enter your team member details in the registration form.
Indian participants, please follow the add team members link which will appear after you have completed the payment.
How can I withdraw my entry / get refund?
No refunds shall be issued once the registration is completed.
Please do not contact us for refunds.
__International payments are carried out on archiol & Indian payments on artuminate__
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org